Chrome plated Steel bars Introduction.
Chrome plated steel bars are the most common products used as piston rods for hydraulic cylinders in applications operating in standard conditions.
Applications for standard conditions are defined as applications working in a non-particular corrosive environment.
Chrome plated steel bars are used also to build pneumatic cylinder with pressures higher than 200 bars.
Standard cylinders are used from Agricultural Machinery and Garbage Compactors to Fitness Equipment.
We recommend chrome plated steel bars made from C45E steel for all standard piston rods.
SubtitleA-CHROME BAC Technical Properties.
- Diameter Tolerance Standard is ISO-f7. We can provide special tolerance at premium price.
- Residual Magnetism Standard is Max. 50 Gauss. We can provide special magnetism at premium price.
- Roundness – max ½ from the diameter tolerance.
- Surface Roughness is Ra = max 0.20 µm.
- Surface Hardness – Chrome Layer hardness is minimum 900 HV 0,1.
- Straightness for ∅<20 [mm] is max 0,3 [mm]/1000 [mm] and for ∅≥20[mm] is max 0,2[mm]/1000[mm].
- Chrome Layer thickness for ∅≤19.05 [mm] is minimum 15[µm] and for ∅>20[mm] is minimum 20[µm].
- Corrosion Resistance is given by the salt spray tests results. These tests are following the ISO 9227 and ISO 10289 standards. The results of these tests are giving the rating of our products.
ASO HYDRAULICS & PNEUMATICS chrome plated steel bars corrosion resistance.
Standard Corrosion Resistance for Φ<20 is R9/120h and for Φ≥20 is R9/200h according to NSS tests.
EXTRA Corrosion Resistance for Φ≥20-140 is R10/120h and R9/500h according to NSS tests.
EXTRA PLUS Corrosion Resistance for Φ≥20-140 is R10/500h according to NSS tests.
We can provide Double Chrome Layer at premium price.
Weldability of these chrome plated steel bars is good using conventional or friction welding.
Machinability of these chrome plated steel bars is good. Can achieve a good cutting speed using the proper coated carbide tools.
Packaging A-CHROME products is supplied in 3 different packaging options.
Standard packaging is made with plastic sleeves or paper tubes (depending on the product’s diameter).
Special Packaging (seaworthy protected) with additional cost is made with aluminum foil or vacuum bags.
As an Extra protection with additional cost we can provide also wooden boxes.
Marking in ASO HYDRAULICS & PNEUMATICS has a full trace-ability.
Each bar is marked individually on the plastic/paper tube with info about the date, product series, diameter, tolerance, resistance at saltwater spray test, heat no ,production order and so on. The batch has a label with information regarding: Order no, Item no, Heat no, Steel Grade, total length of the batch, Weight, no of pieces in the batch.
A-CHROME BAC chrome plated steel bars are delivered to our customers having the Rod end painted in blue.
Corrosion Test standards table.
Steel grade correspondents table.
Chemical Composition table.
Mechanical Properties table.
*Some diameters may be subject to a minimum quantity requested.
**Lengths may vary depending on the Chroming process used.
***Other diameters, lengths/cut lengths can be provided at premium price.